Thursday, February 17, 2011

Stepping Up

This semester has already has had a interesting but better start. It was a little rough in the beginning with the weather storm preventing us from going to the clinic. However, as the weather cleared, I was able to make to the clinic. Not a whole lot had changed over the winter break. So it was great to get back into the flow of things. I started doing my normal routine of entering received medications. As I was working, one of the doctors asked if I had heard a heart with a mechanical valve. Having never heard one, I was curious to hear it. It was really awesome to hear the swoosh sound heard by the valve. After that experience, the nurses asked me if I had roomed a patients. They were surprised to see that I hadn't roomed a patient. It was what I have been waiting for. Under the supervision of another volunteer, I got to room my first patient. I am excited to see what this semester will have in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment