Thursday, February 17, 2011

January-February

So far this semester as individuals and as a group we have mainly been focused on readjusting to our new schedules. In particular, I've taken time to warm up to my new class schedule as well as my new and interfering track schedule. I am now in season for track so I know its going to be slightly more difficult to find time to make it to summit class but I've been working around it in one way or another. So its definitely been a slow warm up to the totally different schedule. I've made it to the Kitchen Clinic only once so far just this week but in my one time I did manage to accomplish a lot with figuring out how to use our budget which is great being that I'm in charge of that in our group. Although we took a long time off this semester as a group from the volunteering, we still have a lot of time to make a difference and I'm very confident we will.

The one thing I would say I look forward to the most this semester with the summit class will be the upcoming camping trip. I don't know if I'll be able to make it because of track but if I can that will be very exciting. I love camping, my family and I go camping a lot all throughout the year. Camping is always a good way to get to know people better.

Based on my experiences with the Summit leadership community I would say the most influential thing that this experience has given me is better people skills through working with the summit community activities and our volunteer work at the Kitchen. It has opened my eyes to working with a large variety of people from many backgrounds which will be awesome for me in my future career as a Physical Therapist. I plan to use what I've learned in my future career and on the track as an athlete to help better my team.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment