Friday, February 18, 2011

Put my straw in your milkshake.

OK, I'll admit that the catchy title of this post has nothing to do with our work at the Kitchen Clinic. Its from the movie There Will be Blood and I found myself watching it the other morning (at about 5am) and that line caught me off guard and has been on my mind ever since.
         This semester at the clinic, I would like for us as a group to be able to clock more hours than all other groups and be the top 4 hour accumulators for the spring semester. A little time on top never hurts and the clinic is a deserving place for us to give our time to.
          The greatest experience  I had at the clinic recently was my adventure to the basement, where I might have gotten slightly lost and been down there for about 20 minutes walking in circles trying to find the stairs. Its a scary basement in case you were wondering.
           As I always seem to say, time is the greatest challenge for me to be at the clinic. Class from 9-5 daily is a bit of a hamper on getting to go to the clinic and work, but dropping a class seems to have helped.
           As for the Summit class, I'm rather excited for the 24 hour "Amish" experience/ technology fast. It sounds like a code phrase for get out to Arkansas and go camping or back to the Heifer ranch. I wouldn't mind either so its all good.
            This last semester with Summit has made me a stronger person as a time budgeter. I also have started to also try to and sleep daily. As a leader, I have honed my delegation skills so I can now have others do all the work while I supervise (MODOT style). Just kidding.
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment