Friday, November 19, 2010

Moving on Up...

I have had quite an interesting time working as a volunteer at the Clinic, especially this last week. The computers were down both the days I volunteered. This inconvenience really revealed how much we rely on computers. A doctor was unable to show due to an injury, which sometimes happens. Instead of contacting the patients to tell them that there appointment was rescheduled, the nurses were unable to get the phone numbers or know which patients were scheduled. So patients came in, only to realize that their appointment was rescheduled. They were not the only ones facing trouble with the clinic. At first, I felt that I was not very important, just only listening to voicemails left by patients. To change this, I started looking for work as opposed to asking for work. This was when I started moving up and feeling like I was having a greater impact at the Clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment